Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Titans profile

An intrepid caller has sent in a query asking this lonely newsman to give his opinion on this year's Titans. I think we should win 5-9 games. The only way I see us doing much better is if we get off to some amazing start and all the rookies get super-confident, and Norm Chow is not just really good, as I expect him to be, but a Wile E Coyote SuperGenius. I just think we have lost too many players in our rebuilding to be a great team this year. And I just read an article where Lance Schulters' agent was suggesting Lance would be gone after June 1 as well, so the salary cap blood-letting might not be over. I see 2 main sources of concern - receiving corp and secondary. For receiving we have Dreeewwww and mostly new guys. It is very rare for a receiver to be excellent in his first year. The wild card is the off-injured, very talented MTSU guy whose name I am blanking on who is in his 3rd year. If he comes in and is as good as Drew, then we should be OK. Basically, without D-Mase we are missing our possession guy. We need someone to move the chains. Then with the secondary, we just cant replace both cornerbacks (and maybe safety) in one year. I dont think we will be horrible. Quarterbacks should be solid again with the big 2. I think we will be OK again in running, especially as I expect fine things from the O-line, unless the left tackle position is a bigger hole than I realize. It should be fine on D-line and with linebackers as well, so we aren't talentless. But I think we have just lost too much to get back to elite status already. Maybe 2006, and especially 2007, if we dont drop more people. That's my take, Llama.

No comments: