Sunday, July 03, 2005

Links to People

I just discovered Blogger's ability to find other profiles who mention similar interests, books, music, etc., so I have been exploring. Shockingly, no one else is into tree fungi. Of course, I am not either, but it seemed nice and random when I was creating my profile.

Let's see, things I have learned,

If you search on The Manuscript Found in Saragossa, it is just me, and this former Navy guy based in Hawaii amazingly enough. He seems to have left the Armed Forces now and moves around the Pacific, using his various nautical skills for temporary employ.

If you put in C.S. Lewis' Perelandra, you get mostly Christians, often with an evangelical bent, which makes sense, but if you put in C.S. Lewis' Till We Have Faces, you get Christians with a more mystical bent.

If you put in Plautus, you get former and present Classics majors, which is not too weird, considering he was a Roman playwright.

Michael Nesmith gets artsy types, usually in their 30s and 40s. Often in the West somewhere.

Puffy Amiyumi gets people into anime....

Every once in a while, I am surprised by connections. Several people have had more than one match with me. And I don't just mean a bunch of C.S. Lewis books.

At the same time, I have been re-affirmed that the only person you ever agree with 100% is yourself. So if I only speak to people with whom I agree, then I will end up talking to the mirror. And I would not be surprised if the mirror points out my various mistakes.

I have tried saying hello to a few of these folk. If any of you do drop by my Blog, then I apologize that it is largely focused on friends and family. I created it specifically as a way to communicate with them, since I am halfway across an ocean, or across two oceans for some. But hopefully, there will be a post periodically that may be hopelessly in error, but perhaps of interest nevertheless.

No comments: