Sunday, August 28, 2005

Best Wishes for New Orleans


Just sending my best wishes to New Orleans, South Louisiana, and Mississippi. I've heard the doomsday scenarios for years for the Crescent City that amount to losing the city forever if hurricane conditions are just right/wrong. Now it looks like Katrina is going to test them out. Hurricane Category 5. So good luck, Louisiana, you are in my thoughts today. I just hope the evacuees can get off of I-10 before Katrina hits. Hear the whole thing is gridlocked for miles. You don't want to still be in your car 24 hours from now. And since I have at least two Baton Rouge readers and several family members there, my thoughts are with you as well. Maybe I better go read up on that Hawaii tsunami evacuation plan again....

1 comment:

kristybox said...

It's pretty bad down here. We've been very lucky in Baton Rouge, but the city has doubled in size with refugees.