Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Cold food

I need recipe ideas. N, B, and I get together about once a month or so to have a cooking fest with some friends at school. There is always a theme. The first theme was uhhh Italian? The next one was wrapped things - crepes, manicotti, gyoza, etc. Our next theme for this coming Saturday is "cold" so I need your best cold food recipe. I keep thinking gozpacho, but I don't know. And sorry for not knowing how to spell gozpacho. It's gonna make it harder to search for a recipe though, isn't it?

6 comments:

J said...

you could try my potato salad: potatos, eggs, mayo, black pepper, and the secret weapon: Seasoning salt - the kind with paprika and sesemme seeds in it.
it's delicious.

katze said...

I make a mean couscous salad:

Make a bunch of couscous. Chop up scallions, cherry or grape tomatoes, yellow and orange bell peppers, and cucumbers. They should be fairly finely chopped, but not too fine. Add it to the couscous. Take a lemon, cut it in half, squeeze the juice from both halves into a small bowl or glass, then add the zest from one of the halves and a dash of olive oil. Mix up the juice, zest, and oil, then pour it over the couscous and veggies and then mix that all very well. Mmmmmm... zesty and healthy!

Haem said...

Hey, you, no cheating.

katze said...

Well? Don't leave me hanging here: how was the cold food banquet?

pacatrue said...

Sorry, Katze. I had the very brief account of the results in the Go Preds entry. I like to hide content that people are looking for, apparently. Haem there said it went well, so I will have to trust him. His tiramisu was yummy. I couldn't make your couscous salad as someone else had already signed up for it. Well, for her own version of the salad, not yours, but I will keep your recipe here for future evenings. In about 3 weeks, we will need a new theme, so if you have any ideas.....

katze said...

::snicker:: All I saw in that entry was sports junk, so I skipped it. Reflex, you see. :-)

I'll go read it shortly. If I think of a good theme, I'll let you know.