Friday, September 28, 2007

IIII wrote that? Really?

I was browsing my little statcounter this evening, looking to see what bizarre keywords brought someone here (like "naked women deer hunting"), and I saw a link from another blog and so I followed it. Right at the top was this:

"Hester, in my eyes, the sun is nothing but a rock at the bottom of the sea covered in barnacles soiled in the droppings of starfish when compared to your undying radiance." "Yes, I know. You said that on the gondola earlier, Henry. But I wish you would leave out the starfish thing."
The weblog of the one true paca: 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005

And I just stared and stared at it. I saw this blog title below the quote, but I would have sworn I'd never even seen those words before in my life, much less be their author. And yet...

I am. Or I did or I have. Two years ago, but it looks to have been me, when I was doing a series on "trying to write really badly."

I wonder if I've ever written anything else kind of clever. I think I'm about to waste an hour back in 2005....

3 comments:

Ello said...

hee hee. I giggled. It is quite funny, no? I love that starfish line. I think you were trying for really funny and you got it.

Church Lady said...

I agree! Very funny :-)

writtenwyrdd said...

Oh man, that belongs on the Edgar Bulwar Lytton contest...for the other parts that aren't the beginning.