Wednesday, October 31, 2007

If this is the best it gets...

This was approximately the conversation that N and I had a couple days ago in the car.

N: I really like my new heels.

Paca: Comfortable?

N: They are really well padded for a heel. I think they are the best heels I've owned.

Paca: They look nice.

N: Unfortunately, if I wear them too long, my back muscles tighten up.

Paca: Oh.

N: I had to wear them all day a few weeks ago and I back was in pain for the rest of the week.

Paca: Hm.

N: I like them though. The blisters aren't as bad as -

Paca: So let me get this straight. If you wear them, your feet get blisters and they throw your back out for a week, and yet they are the best heels you've had.

N: That's pretty much what heels are like.

4 comments:

Robin S. said...

I'm with N. That IS as good as it gets. Sucks, huh?

SzélsőFa said...

This is exactly one of the reasons I NEVER wear high heels.

As a nice touch, heels ruin the Achilles-tendon (sp?), btw.

Church Lady said...

I'm with Szelsofa--I haven't worn heels in years.
My husband had the (gasp) audacity to buy me a pair of heels a couple of years ago. They were fancy, bro'

Stayed in the closet. Amen to that.

katze said...

Oh, yes, the price we pay for beauty. I wear my black knee high boots with a mixture of love and hate.