Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fave Music 1 - Get Up Offa That Thing

As many of you may have noticed, music is a rather important thing to me. In the same way that many of my readers just have to tell others about a new novel they've read that's fantastic, I have to share music I really enjoy. So I'm going to be posting stuff over the next couple weeks. As you will see, the genres I enjoy vary quite a lot -- soul, jazz, funk, classical, rock, and pop. (I actually own maybe three bluegrass CDs total, but I think it gets a worse rap than it deserves, hence the recent posts.)

First up, we have James Brown. My fave tune of his might be Soul Power or Funky Drummer, but I find the following video to be a hell of a lot of fun. And some of us may need some fun right now. Give the guy in the zebra shirt a chance. He's got some moves.

(Also, note there's another recipe post below this one.)

3 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

Music is also important for me. sometimes I find inspiration in music.
I did not quite like this piece, but the guy is doing some great dancing interpretation!

Church Lady said...

I couldn't listen to this more than once, but it was fun!
Okay. Please forget your dissertation.
I wanna see some Paca moves set to music.
K?

Cheers,

pacatrue said...

I am really happy you gave it a try szelsofa. I very much know that people don't all like the same sort of music. No problem there. I just want to share what I like.

CL, you should have been in my head yesterday. I had myself doing a similar video except I was dancing all across campus with entire chorus lines behind me. Sigh.... It was a blast of a fantasy.