Sunday, December 16, 2007

looking forward meme

I stumbled across a meme at Iyan and Egusi Soup blog, following a link from my story on Ello. I've decided to give it a try, but I will tag no one. In the meme, you provide the first sentence of the first post for each month in 2007. Let's see how this goes:

January: The following is a clip of the most famous Chinese rocker Cui Jian.

February:The big news of this Thursday, February 1, 2007, is this: Language Learning & Technology

March: For all who were around several months ago when I got involved in a long conversation about issues of ethnicity with adopted children from Korea in the U.S., here is a recent story of such a child who has recently had a reunion with his father.

April: I tried to do the cool YouTube linking for this, but it never came through for some reason. (Ooh, that's profound.)

May: As everyone already knows, I'm rather swamped right now, so I think I am going to declare a two week hiatus on the blog.

June: So where've I been? (Hm. I'm not sure this meme is going well.)

July: Science quiz from J

August: In a mere three years, I will have my 20th high school reunion.

September: Hi, all. (Wow. Can I just say, 'wow'? Those were good times. I remember that 'hi all' like it was just three months ago.)

October: For as much as the words that come out of a child's mouth are incomprehensible gibberish, what they do is usually rather regular.

November: This has been a very productive week.

December: I recently had the following key word search hit my blog: choose lifetime partner the one who is ugly but rich. agree?


Maybe the meme should have been to choose the topic sentence from the first blog entry of each month.

6 comments:

Sammy Jankis said...

Okay, paca, I can't take it anymore. I'm illiterate and I don't understand what a meme is. I think you explained it before, a long time ago, but I can't remember. I looked up the definition and it doesn't seem to correspond. What is this and why you do cite/create them so often?

moonrat said...

hahahaha. i don't think i dare try this one.

December/Stacia said...

Titles would be fun, too. I might do this one. I see myself doing a lot of little posts over the next few weeks.

Precie said...

I think this is the first meme that ever gave me a headache. The results were way too postmodern for me. :)

pacatrue said...

Hi Sammy. Well, the official definition has a meme being an idea which spreads in a parallel to genetics and evolution, with a sort of survival of the fittest notion. In common blogger practice, it's just a type of post that people pick up from their blog reading and decide to continue if they wish. In this case, this idea of posting first sentences seemed interesting, so I did it. Then December in her post thinks it might be interesting, so she might do it pn her blog, etc.

moonrat, what were you writing very risque things back in February 2007?

December, yeah, I think the idea of this is interesting, but it would have been better in my case to choose the key sentence in old posts, not the first one.

Precie, agreed.

Ello said...

I think it would have helped to have some more context for the posts! But I thought this was a fun meme!