Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sigh

--Edited--

I must confess that one of my flaws in the last year is being a bit defensive. I should spend more time with my wife to be a better husband; more time with my son to be a better father; more time doing research to be a better student; more time in the office to be a better editor; more time with a pen and paper to be a better writer; more time on the town to be a better friend; and the list goes on and on.

This is nothing new for everyone who reads this blog and yet I still

Sigh...

6 comments:

Church Lady said...

....and more time on the blog to be a better blogger...

:-)

Okay, seriously, that list looked prioritized (to an untrained eye).

What is that saying? Something like: when you're on your deathbed, you're never wishing you had spent more time in the office.

bunnygirl said...

I'd like to take a little extra time for myself and the people I love, too. It's just that no matter how well-intentioned our bosses and co-workers may be, it seems they find a way to make us pay for not being at our desks each day. :-(

Precie said...

I could have written that second part of your post.

I sympathize.

Ello said...

We all need more time.

pacatrue said...

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. The good news is I managed last night to plow through about 2/3rds of the emails that had depressed me so. The bad news is that I'm about to dial back in to see what new stuff has arrived.

pacatrue said...

I should also add that my bosses are quite supportive, actually, in case that came across wrong. It's just that there's work to do and it doesn't go away for me or them.