Saturday, January 26, 2008

4 things meme

I'm borrowing this meme from K-Box.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Shoney's waiter
2. Program manager
3. Editorial Assistant (academic)
4. Lawn mower

Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. Airplane!
2. My Own Private Idaho
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. Virtually everything we've ever rented for B.

Four Places I've Lived
1. Nashville
2. Oxford, Mississippi
3. Northfield, Minnesota
4. Lawrenceville, NJ

Four T.V. Shows that I watch:
I've watched tons over the last two weeks, but generally nothing regularly. In the past, I've intentionally watched:
1. Blind Date
2. As the World Turns (one summer around age 11)
3. Dungeons and Dragons cartoon
4. Charlie Rose interview show

Four favorite pastime activities:
1. Internet surfing.
2. Pretending to play music.
3. Stagehand for theatre
4. B wrastlin

Four places I have been:
1. Deer Isle, Maine
2. Jakarta, Indonesia
3. Xian, China
4. Paris

People who e-mail me regularly:
1. The Linguist List (thought I almost always delete unread)
2. My mom
3. Blogger
4. Random people from the dictionary who think I am inadequate.

Four of my favorite foods:
1. A good Thai curry
2. Chicken 'n dumplins
3. Bao Zi (Chinese steamed buns)
4. These lime/cumin lambchops by N

Four places I would like to visit:
1. Japan
2. Korea
3. Fjords
4. Tahiti

Four Friends I think will respond:
1. The EE gang

Things I am looking forward to in the coming year:
1. Progress on the program
2. Not being sick some day
3. Getting too tired for this.

Things I am not looking forward to in the coming year:
1. See answer 3 above.

Well, I almost made it. Hope it's informative.

3 comments:

Robin S. said...

OK- looks like I'm the first of your EE buddy signing in to say hi today.

You always have an interesting mix of lists you juggle, paca - liking good old Southern chicken 'n dumplin's and a good Thai curry.

Love your "B wrastlin" pastime. Kids love that, don't they?

Please don't get too tired of this in the coming year. Seriously.

writtenwyrdd said...

Lots of interesting stuff, paca, in particular the tv confession. I admit to being addicted to the first three seasons of Power Rangers and the first year of Autobots and GLOW (gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling). All these in the late 80s when I was still really into silly shows.

We all have our little secrets, don't we?

I hope you continue to feel better, too.

Sammy Jankis said...

They just recently released the entire Dungeons and Dragons series on DVD.