Thursday, January 31, 2008

Andrews Sisters - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

This is from 1941, the movie 'Buck Privates'. I can't embed this one, so here is the link.

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B

That's the video I wanted to share. I actually own an Andrews Sisters Greatest Hits CD and B knows this song and Beer Barrel Polka. If you browse around YouTube, you can find fun updates of Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. Here is one from a group that doesn't hide their inspiration, since they are actually called Company B.

People might also be amused by this remix of the Andrews Sisters singing Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and Christina Aguilera doing Candyman. (At least my sister should like it.) The Andrews Sisters footage used here is a different video than I linked to, but if you did watch my first link, you can see some hints of the 1941 choreography in Aguilera's video. However, I don't think you'd ever find Patty Andrews in the blue hot pants that Christina dons a few minutes in.

1 comment:

December/Stacia said...

I love both of these. The hubs has a big crush on Xtina. :-)