Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Classics 1 - Bing and Astaire

I'm still not with it enough apparently to do original posts, but I had planned back before THE ILLNESS (can you tell I don't get sick all that often because this one is really annoying me) to do a week of the classics with YouTube videos. And by classics I really mean standards, classics of the 30s through 50s, not Mozart. It's Thursday (for all of you), but I might as well start it now. Here we have Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, and Virginia Dale doing a little number that seems the epitome of charm. Like the famous saying about Ginger Rogers who did everything Fred Astaire did but backwards and in high heels, it's worth noting that Virginia Dale both sings and dances. (It'll make sense if you watch.)

1 comment:

McKoala said...

Oh yes, I always said I'd marry the first man who came my way who could both sing and dance. By far the most reliable method of choosing a husband.

I do love the classics.