Sunday, February 17, 2008

Joke Vote

No, the title isn't a reference to elections in Florida. Instead, I have a slight joke/pun that I can imagine at least two ways of telling. Which is the better one?

=======
Version 1:

I heard today on the radio that people from the nation of Cyprus are called Cypriots. This made me wonder if there's a nation of Idus and what they're like because, when I meet people, they often ask, "What are you? An Idiot?"

=======
Version 2:

I heard today on the radio that people from the nation of Cyprus are called Cypriots. Most of the people I meet every day are apparently from the nation of Idus.


Ba-dum-bump. How would you tighten? Most likely correct answer: Delete the post.

3 comments:

Mommy to Ander and Wife to Box said...

Ah, Paca, let me first say how much we like you.

So when I say that it still needs lots of fine tuning (both ways) before I can laugh with you instead of at you, I mean that with luv.

SzélsőFa said...

The second one's a joke. The first is a draft version. Or an explanatino to someone who's not so good at understanding jokes.

I assume it takes some linguistic approach to understand the joke and some people just don't seem to have it.
Paca, you're an expert in this field, which I'm not, I just think I have the sense. I think it is crucial that in the second versino of the joke the second adjective is made with the exact same method as it is in the case of Cyprus.

Ello said...

Paca, it was so funny I forgot to laugh. Ba dump bump.

Not funny dude. Sorry. But the delete post was funny!