Monday, March 17, 2008

1 out of 4 ain't bad

I had three things I wanted to do today (Sunday).

1) Work up my dissertation idea for meeting with the committee chair tomorrow.
2) Finish revisions on the now ancient seeming apology paper.
3) Fire off reminder emails to late reviewers for journal.
4) Get a hair cut.

I only got the first one done and that wasn't complete until 1:00 AM. The good news is that if I convince my chair my idea's worth doing, then I'm finally off to the races again. I've been kind of slowly churning for about 5 months now. If everyone agrees to the plan, I can actually start creating stimuli for the experiment over Spring Break and prep for comprehensive exams.

So 1 out of 4 ain't bad.

7 comments:

Robin S. said...

I'd say you got the most important thing done. The rest of the list seemed like throat-clearing ways to keep yourself from doing the most important thing that had a deadline and impacted your future in a direct, clean line.

I call that a victory, and I send my congratulations to you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your dissertation meeting. Muffytrue

Precie said...

Ditto what Robin said!!

Demon Hunter said...

I agree with Robin too. The most important task is complete and everything else can come later. Good luck with your meeting. :*)

pacatrue said...

Hmm, well, I don't know if it is throat clearing, but I agree that the dissertation proposal is the most important thing, so go me! The meeting went pretty decently. Senor Chair has to read my write-up still, but he thought it might sound promising. I am meeting again next week where I hope to get the go ahead.

pacatrue said...

Oh, and nice to see you drop by, demon.

Demon Hunter said...

No problem...