Friday, May 16, 2008

Allll moosssttt theerrrre

Things are wrapping up here in PacaLand, but not quite done.

Tomorrow, ok today, is the last day of exams for UH. I turned in the last thing for my class today, so that's done. I spent tonight grading the homework projects for phonetics students and, if this wasn't a non-anonymous blog, I would have a story or two about that. It's now 1:00 AM and I'll be back up in about 5 hours, because I give the final for the course at 7:30 AM. Beautiful time, huh? Then I have to grade them all and turn those in by Monday afternoon, all while not being able to work on Monday because B doesn't have school that day. But that will close the semester out completely.

Doesn't get me out of lots of work, though, as the next issue of the journal publishes June 1. Again, no stories unfortunately there, but I will say it's time to let it go. Let the papers be free....

The good news is that I hit a little milestone this week. The dissertation committee officially formed on Tuesday and I now have dates for my comprehensive exams (July 21 - August 4, if you want to know) and a possible dissertation proposal date if my pilot experiments turn out over the summer.

That's a big deal, so, as J would say, I celebrate that. And now to bed, fair reader. Adieu. For 4 hours and 53 minutes or so.

Pacapaca

7 comments:

Precie said...

Go, paca, go! And yay on the diss committee and the scheduling of your comps and your diss proposal!

And, yes, thanks for posting your comp dates--I remember taking my comps, and I remember the total blackout I imposed before comps. I lived 19 thC Brit Lit, 18th C Brit Lit, and Feminist Literary Theory for months. So I'm guessing we can all be prepared if you drop out of contact for the summer.

Precie said...

Hey, have you seen blogless troll's entry for the book contest I'm running this week? I think you should.

Robin S. said...

I agree with Miss Precie.

Go, paca, go!

Robin S. said...

....But also, stay.

writtenwyrdd said...

Sounds like you are busy busy busy, but I'm glad you have dates for the dissertation and etc.

ChrisEldin said...

Congratulations Paca!!!
I'll be sending supportive karma through the blogosphere!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the dissertation committee and comp dates, and good luck with your pilot study. I well remember comps. Precie is right about the blackout period. I will hold "good thoughts" for you. Muffytrue