Thursday, June 19, 2008

The pseudo-voice post

Well, Robin kicked off a "post your voice" thingie that I've really enjoyed. I would like to do it myself, but I don't have anything to read, I'm supposed to be in bed, and I don't want to have to fool with YouTube this late. Therefore, the best I can do for now is to post a link once again to my old GoatSkin Pants theme song, which is all me acting weird (including the goat sounds) on top of various Apple loops.

Here you go.

For those relatively new to the blog, I used to co-blog with my friend the killer llama on a blog called Goatskin Pants.

This is about a 5 minute track. It's an mp3 and should launch in itunes, Media Player, Quicktime, or something similar. Unfortunately, the best part, I think, is the end, so if you are short on time, skip to about the midway point. The closest to my natural voice is probably the tribute to Falco in the second section. And at the very very end, there are a couple words where I was just speaking and not trying to do anything.

For those of you who've heard this a million times already, apologies. Maybe when I get back, I will do better by you.

9 comments:

JaneyV said...

Someone's had a lot of fun with Garageband!

Robin S. said...

Oh, hell, I can't get on to it yet- can't figure out why - I'll try again tonight.

Have a fun weekend!

fairyhedgehog said...

That is very full on, with so many layers of sound.

It was quite hard to pick out your voice so I'm looking forward to hearing a bit more of you speaking.

pjd said...

That was very cool. Incredibly bizarre, like the complimentary CD when I stayed in a W hotel room once. But cool.

Phoenix said...

Well, that was ... yeah, that was, yanno ... um, interesting. Yes ... interesting. And cool.

One of my dogs started inexplicably growling toward the end of it and I think I heard my goats answering your bleats. Not sure whether it was the boy goat or the girl one, though. Was that the reaction you were going for?

ChrisEldin said...

Now that I've been bombarded with subliminal messages, I think I'll go have a glass of wine, so I can blame it on the drink.

That was funky, with a touch of freaky.

Paca rocka!
:-)

Robin S. said...

By the way, I like my link name.

Miss Savannah Spitfire: said...

Speakin of voices, we'd like to have yours on board this week, my darlin. Just check out my profile, if you're feelin confused.

McKoala said...

Well, I don't know why it wasn't a worldwide hit.