Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Meme

I grabbed this one from Ello.

1. What are your nicknames?

Paca? None really. My real name used to be unusual enough that no one ever bothered. I have been called Coke a few times in high school. As in coca cola, not cocaine.

2. What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on?

I did the phone thing once for Who Wants to be a Millionaire several years ago, but I didn't qualify.

3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?

No real idea. Maybe Airplane! for VHS? And maybe Kiki's Delivery Service on DVD.

4. What is your favorite scent?

Baking bread?

5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it?

Home perhaps? I think I'd buy some relatively reasonable 3 bedroom or something. That's probably close to a million in Honolulu. If I lived some sane place, I could blow the rest on travel, musical instruments I wouldn't play, and books I'd never get around to reading. And kitchen supplies.

6. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?

I know there's one, but I can't remember it.

Tai Shan?

7. Do you trust easily?

Yes, pretty much trust everyone unless you give me a reason not to. The dude in the building next door who threatens to kill his gf and gets in fights with his own guy friends while stumbling down the street half drunk? Not so much. In fact, I despise him.

8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?

Let me think about this one.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?

I hate my procrastination tendencies.

10. Do you have a good body image?

There's this image taken of me a couple years ago with about 4 inches less on the waist. I like that image.

11. What is your favorite fruit?

I used to say blueberries, but I think I like the idea of blueberries more than actually eating them. I'll buy them and then they sit there until N suggests we eat them. Maybe the banana. How American, eh? Do Macadamia nuts count as a fruit? How about bacon?

12. What websites do you visit daily?

The blogs sitting in the menu on the right there and Yahoo and Google. That's pretty much it.

13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?

As I said in Facebook, I have an inappropriate relationship with jalapeno cheetos.

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

I am untagged, but Ello is cool.

15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?

Various lines from that Weird Al tune one post down.

16. What's your favorite item of clothing?

My mom bought me this incredibly nice leather jacket from Saks 5th maybe 10 years ago which remains my favorite piece of clothing. Softest leather you've ever felt. I used to get a completely different attitude when I put it on. But I'm a little too big for it now and Hawaii is a lot too warm. It sits in a chest.

17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?

Well, I made my first batch of rice krispy treats just a couple days ago. Not bad, but no one's eating them other than me.

18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?

Well, I saw $20 sitting on the sidewalk a few months ago at the bus stop across from UH. Seemed too big to just take, so I stood around holding it for a while looking for someone to ask. Then I stuck it on a nearby news stand for a while. In the end, after about half an hour, I either left it there or took it. I think I took it. With $100? I think I'd give it to the campus security.

19. What items could you not go without during the day?

Laptop.

20. What should you be doing right now?

Dissertation proposal. And so....

2 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

Isn't bacon a fruit? I have lots of favorite foods and the cravings for them cycle. I think because of the seasons I get different cravings. Fall and Winter I start to crave things like rich soups and squash, and especially roast turkey. In the summer it's beer, pizza, fresh veggies and fruit. Especially the fruit. And I always love bananas and bagels with cream cheese.

I have found abandoned $20s and promptly picked them up when noone seemed to be missing them, and no one had obviously just dropped them (like, laying in the gutter on an empty street obvious). I'd return a wallet full of money though!

Robin S. said...

By the way, how IS that dissertation proposal goin'?