Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Freddie's Story

I think I'm a few hours early, but I have no more patience. I rather like my little movie and so I'm posting it now. It's a YouTube video. There are some sound effects and music in it, so volume is a good thing in this case. If you don't have an okay computer speaker, maybe plug headphones in?

For those not in the know, robin s organizes a monthly or so "read aloud" for a group of bloggers, most of whom are authors to some varying degree (I'm the degree at the bottom). This time robin paired us up and we switched readings with the partner. I am reading a story excerpt here from Freddie. I had to create something in an hour for Freddie to read since I don't seem to write anymore "unless I can put citations in it" (Paca, 2007, p. 132). Freddie's reading of me should be up some time tomorrow I assume. You can likely check out Robin s' blog ('really robin' on the blog roll there) to see who else has posted.

16 comments:

blogless troll said...

That was freakin hilarious!

Your avatar picture doesn't do you justice, but the video camera loves you.

And side splitting props for the Muppet shake at the end.

Robin S. said...

Oh my GOD!!! I wanted to wait to listen...and I didn't want to...and I did...and I didn't, an dthen I read freddie's and BT's comments and I thought - oh, hell, I can't wait.

And I'm so glad I didn't wait!!!

This is beyond fantastic, paca.
Love the head hitting and the musical accompaniment, baby!

Julie Weathers said...

Oh that was hilarious. I am so impressed with both the story and the show. Good job.

Whirlochre said...

This is great.

I used to do puppet shows for kids and I know how hard it is to synchronise the words with the lips of the animated sock with the sound effects with the desire not to dash off for a pee. I'm impressed.

Also — no amount of fluff can disguise a bad script. Looks like you got a winner from Freddie.

sylvia said...

*rotf* This is great - what a wonderful interpretation!

I loved the muppet shake too ;)

ril said...

This is so awesome! Well done -- you really brought the story to life.

Natalie said...

So. Awesome. What a performance! And I'm so happy Freddie chose to continue her story from last voice party--I really wanted to know what happened next.

Now, I still want to know what happens next...

Kiersten said...

Oh, gosh, Paca, that was SO fun. Great reading, and the puppet...wow.

That was just great. I don't know what else to say. And what a fun piece to read, too!

ChrisEldin said...

OMG!! How long did it take you to put this together? It's hysterical!!!!

Courtney said...

that was bloody brilliant!!!!! More!!!! we must have more!!!!!!

ENCORE!!!!!!!!

best part was the disco and applause at the end!

JaneyV said...

Freddie - thanks for continuing the story from last time but now I want to hear more!!!

Paca - a work of true genius. I laughed…a lot!

McKoala said...

It's a blockbuster! You've got one talented sock puppet there. Does he have an agent?

Anonymous said...

Adorable puppet, but I couldn't catch a lot of the words. I'll have to try again when I have more time and headphones handy!

writtenwyrdd

freddie said...

Been meaning to stop by here, but school is keeping me busy! Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Hope you are well, paca! I still chuckle when I think about your rendition. . . .

fairyhedgehog said...

That was awesome! What a brilliant performance of a brilliant piece. I love how you do the voices.

pjd said...

What else is there to say? Pure genius. I need to get me a new computer so I can do cool video stuff. Never as cool as this, of course. For that I'd actually need some talent.