Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just go away!

One night a week is Daddy Night where I get the chance to put in extra hours of work. N takes care of B and it is much appreciated. I like to go to this coffee house until 9:00 after which I don't have to pay to park on campus anymore. A nice quiet place to work with Internet and sometimes butter mochi.

Naturally, tonight a guitarist and drummer show up with speakers the size of tables. I can't hear myself think. He keeps mentioning his tip jar. If I tip them, will they go away?! And can I scream that question in the middle of his concert while everyone else is singing along?

Grrrrrr!!!!!

7 comments:

Robin S. said...

The coffee house writing/working idea sounds wonderful.

The band coing in to screw your night up - doesn't. I know they didn't mean to, but even so...

That quiet work space time is sacred stuff. I say, scream away, as long as they're playing. And don't feel bad about not tipping.

ChrisEldin said...

Sorry that night didn't work out. Sounds like you'll have others though.
Chin up, Paca Soda Coka.
:-)

McKoala said...

OK, I will...

pacatrue said...

Dang it, McK. I didn't realize YOU were one of the band members at the coffee house!

Mommy to Ander and Wife to Box said...

I NEED a granita latte, now!

Mommy to Ander and Wife to Box said...

I NEED a granita latte, now!

Precie said...

psst--JS Mill...of course. That's not the kind of thing one makes up. It's just another random coincidence. (The rest of my nonfic faves lean toward philosophy...Hume, Derrida, Sartre, Judith Butler, etc. so there are some differences.)

Good luck on finding quiet work space.