Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stupid Money Box

New theory.

I need to start going to conferences and presenting to improve my CV. That takes money. I also often eat crap. So time to kill two birds with one stone. Any time I think about wasting money on something stupid, I take that same money out of the wallet and drop it in the Stupid Money Box, which I can later use for travel to conferences.

This afternoon I thought about stopping by the department for some M&Ms and a soda on the way to class. I do this a lot. so today I drank some water and now I have $1 in the Stupid Money Box.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

3 comments:

ChrisEldin said...

This is funny.
:-)

I think you can expand on this idea though. Anytime somebody hears you say something stupid, they can put a coin in the box...
Just kidding!!

Go Paca, Go!

blogless troll said...

That's a great idea.

writtenwyrdd said...

I've thought about it, but spend on the stupid thing anyhow.