Sunday, November 02, 2008

Worst half ever?

There are a few seconds left in the first half, but at the moment in the Oakland versus Atlanta game, Oakland has a total of...

6

total net yards.

6

in an entire half.

Atlanta has 309 net yards. OK, Oakland just got the ball back with 23 seconds, so maybe they will complete a play or two, but I really wonder if 6 net yards might truly be the worst half of professional football ever.

UPDATE: Hah!! They lost yards and finished the entire half with minus 2 yards. That's the best thing ever. - 2 yards total.

2 comments:

pjd said...

Now I wish I'd seen the game. Alas, I was teaching cub scouts pocket knife safety. They were carving animals (and various other undefinable creations) out of bars of Ivory soap, using plastic butter knives. (Plastic knives used at picnics, not knives used for cutting plastic butter.)

I watched the local postgame show with Nnamdi Asomugha, who handled himself with grace and aplomb. I mean, it must be tough to have just lost a game in that manner and then visit a TV studio for a live show and have the host continually say things like (I'm paraphrasing), "Gee, you guys really suck." "How hard is it to go on living when you suck so bad?" "Have you ever heard of any team that sucked this bad, in the history of sport?"

ril said...

I have no idea what this post means.