Three years in a row now I've come up with impossible half-assed goals for the coming year. It's almost entirely failed to motivate me in any practical manner and therefore it's clearly time to do it again. Here we go. In 2009, I may or may not:
1) Finish Dissertation. (Really should do this one. This also implies doing things like getting a job, but I'm going to ignore that for the rest of this list).
2) Submit 2nd paper with J-W. (This is further work on Korean and cross-cultural politeness).
3) 25 minute 5K (Repeat goal from last year.)
4) Average 7 hours of sleep per diem. At night. Falling asleep on the floor of an office doesn't count.
5) More recipes!
6) Read two fiction novels. (Moonbat has likely accomplished this already.)
7) Paca and N night once a month.
8) Attend 2 parties/dinners with classmates. No cafeterias can be involved in this.
9) Watch Titans win Superbowl. I have no control over this, but it would be very very nice. If they actually get to the superbowl, I'm planning a watching party already.)
10) Spit out that paper on poverty of the stimulus and causation finally. (I know this goal makes no sense to anyone but me.)
11) Pursue 2 of the most worthy research projects from the acquisition class' work.
12) Be organized for almost all classes I teach each day.
13) Get B enrolled in some sort of activity. (We always talk about it but never do it. Probably dance.)
14) Attend sister's wedding.
15) Work through first Korean language book.
Hey, good enough. I'm going to largely ignore them anyway. (OK, I really will show up to my sister's wedding.) 15 is so few, however, that these might actually be possible. Not sure I can handle that.