Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ello Paca Kalbi BBQ ribs

We've been exploring BBQ pork ribs lately as they've been on sale (getting rid of the SuperBowl stock, I think). OK, we've cooked them twice. Anyway, this time around, I didn't have enough BBQ sauce for all of them, so I sliced the thing in half and marinated half of them in Bullseye BBQ sauce overnight, and the other half in Ello's magic kalbi marinade.

The kalbi idea was something of a risk, as a big rack of pork ribs is both a different meat and a different sort of cut than the real Korean kalbi thingies. Anyway, poured Ello's marinade in there, and then the next day wrapped them in foil and baked them in the oven at about 275 for three hours. Fell off the bone and worked like a charm. N and B actually rated them higher than the BBQ ones.

Go Ello!

3 comments:

Ello said...

Oh good for you! I love when you experiment with cooking! I wish my hubby would do more of that too!

Actually if you want I'll post up a spicy korean pork marinade for you to try next time!

pacatrue said...

Ooh, ooh. Spicy Korean pork marinade. Sounds good to me. Post away!

Robin S. said...

Cool- a Maryland-Hawaii combo plan.
Or New York-Maryland-Louisiana-Hawaii combo plan. Whatever - very nice mixing it up!