Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Both the Bad and the Ugly

It's always good to experiment a little with the food, right? Riiigghht.

So this weekend, I needed to pick up something for dinner while N and B were having a lovely time at the laundromat. I wasn't sure if we would go home immediately afterwards or not, so I decided I would pick up some sort of canned meat. Chili, tamales, all were under consideration. And then I saw this lovely gift from Sweet Sue.



An entire cooked chicken in a can. Stunning. Miraculous. Almost certainly going to be really bad. How the hell could you put a whole chicken in a can and have it come out tasting good.

So I bought it.

Warning. I am about to show you a picture of what came out of this can. You may want to step away from any food that you may be snacking on. You may wish to check your heart rate, because I don't want to harm anyone with this image. Indeed, I would rate this image NFC-17. Not For Consumption.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You've been warned, right?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Seriously, why are you still scrolling down? What's wrong with you?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
At gym class when someone handed you a smelly sock and said, "smell this," you smelled it, didn't you?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


You looked, didn't you? But don't worry. When you roast it, it looks like this:



Completely transformed. Yes, that's it.

After you pull all the chicken off that doesn't look nauseating, you end up with a few pieces that were salty but edible.



In the end, I recommend you leave Sweet Sue to her own devices. It will be better for both of you in the long term, and for you in the short term.

10 comments:

Chumplet - Sandra Cormier said...

Holy. Crap.

This, right after I had a chicken in the fridge for two days, decided I wasn't going to have time to roast it and froze it. Then I took it out and thawed it in cold water, got invited to a barbecue and had to dismember it and fry it tonight.

It wasn't THAT ugly!

Robin S. said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

writtenwyrdd said...

I have to second Robin's comment. Just...ew.

Canned meat never looked so frightening before.

Sammy Jankis said...

Okay, man, in the future let's think about sunk cost. Sure, you've already spent the money. You can't get it back once you opened the container. It doesn't mean you HAVE TO EAT IT! I pray for your health in old age.

sylvia said...

Oh. My. God.

Sarah Laurenson said...

I'm with Robin.

fairyhedgehog said...

I would never have guessed that tinned meat could be so disturbing.

pacatrue said...

The best thing is to compare the actual product to the picture on the can. There's no way that picture was ever based on something inside that can.

Anonymous said...

Wowwwwwwwww. Just... wow.

-- Katze (who can't seem to log into Blogger for some reason??)

McKoala said...

I cannot believe you ate that. I cannot believe you are still alive.