Monday, May 04, 2009

Teacher Anxiety

There are only two classes left this semester and they are both filled with student presentations, so there's not much for me left to do. That doesn't stop me from having teacher anxiety, however. Witness last night's dream:

Paca brings son to class to demonstrate some bit of children's speech. He thought he had worked everything out beforehand, but when Paca gets there, he can't get the equipment to work. And it turns out that my class is in the middle of some huge festival so that I'm not at the front of a classroom, but on some stage with thousands of people watching me speak into a mic hanging from the staging. I can't figure out what to do, and I fumble and search and never get it working, as everyone shakes their head at my incompetence. In the end, the entire class is wasted and the students never get to make their presentations. Disaster!

Let's hope the real class, which is in 3 hours, goes better.

6 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Judging by what I've seen of your abilities here, you'll be fine. It's weird how the anxiety doesn't go away, though, isn't it?

blogless troll said...

I'm no Freud or anything, but it sounds like you should've broken out the guitar and rocked the house.

pacatrue said...

Helloooo Cleveland! I mean, Honoluluuuuuu.

Sarah Laurenson said...

That's a great idea, BT!

McKoala said...

Hope it went well. Next time, just remember to take the big whip. Students respond well to that. They'll be eating out of your hand.

Robin S. said...

How did it really really really go?