Thursday, July 02, 2009

Twitter ... is a woman

I came back on Tuesday but I've been absolutely swamped with getting ready for the conference in Australia. I leave next Friday. Ugh. But today I accidentally signed up for Twitter, even though I vowed not to. I stumbled across the fact that Papa Nez (Michael Nesmith) is on Twitter and apparently even says stuff. So I signed up. But I'm not sure how it works. Will I get an email when someone I'm following says something? I'm not going to bother saying anything myself unless someone's listening to me. So, um, I guess, please tell me in a comment if you are on Twitter and I'll follow you or something. I think WW is on there. You will be shocked to hear that I am "pacatrue" on Twitter.

Who's Michael Nesmith you might ask? Here's a video using one of his better songs from the early 70s. And here's another where I discover that the lead guy from one of my fave bands ever, lambchop, was guesting on one tune on the new, now no longer new, Nez album. OMG! OMG!

Anyway, here's a video of one of lambchop's tunes called "...is a woman". It is very peaceful and quiet. Don't click on it planning to rock-out. The lyrics do word painting more than anything else.

9 comments:

Sarah Laurenson said...

I just got on Twitter myself. It send me an e-mail me if someone is following me, but nothing else.

If I go to my Twitter page, I see the most recent updates of the people I'm following. I chose a couple of writing friends and things like Publisher's Lunch, Publisher's Weekly and SCBWI.

I don't know when or if I will go back. It looks like more of a time sink than blogging.

McKoala said...

Twitter? Shan't.

And less of that 'ugh' to Oz!

writtenwyrdd said...

Yeah, I'm on there, but so many people tweet so frequently I can't follow any conversations. Mostly I just check out Wierd Al's pictures and funny commentary, or NotWalken's snark.

I'm DLynnFrazier I think...you'd best check by following the link from my blog page. Top right corner!

writtenwyrdd said...

Oh, and enjoy Australia. I know it's stressful getting your paper and all ready to go, but still, it's Australia!

pjd said...

I've been on twitter for like eight months and still don't get it. I can even tweet from my blackberry, and I guess you can tie your tweets to facebook somehow, but I've long since aged past the point of caring much about most of that stuff. Even though it's cool for its own sake.

Aerin said...

I can't find you, paca - I'm AerinRose, and unlike your previous posters *ahem* I <3 Twitter. But it took a while to get into the groove.

Aerin said...

oh there you are; found you. I highly recommend downloading TweetDeck or something else to help manage the Tweets

Chris Eldin said...

hehehehe
I'm following Ashton Kutcher.
:-)

Are you going to meet the Koala?

Chris Eldin said...

Just saw part of the video, but I'm watching MJ on the news and the effect probably isn't the same...
:-)

LOVE the movie--it is very peaceful and pretty.