Saturday, August 15, 2009

Academic Rock

It's 2:30 AM on a Friday night / Saturday morning, but I finally - finally! - resubmitted this paper to a journal that's been lingering far too long. I think it's much better than the first submission, so I hope it makes it.

Moreover, while revising the Forever Paper, I discovered a little bit of theory that might help me finally publish this set of data I've been sitting on for 4 years. If I am right, I should be able to whip that publication up pretty quick, since all the data gathering and analysis is done. I just need to tell people now why they care.

So today I officially rock academically.

In seemingly more important news, I meet with my dissertation committee on Tuesday. I don't know what's going to happen. No matter how bad they think the results are, they aren't going to kick me out of the program. The question is only what the next steps would be, and how big. That will determine when I graduate.

We will see....

4 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

So how does the dissertation committee affect your research project? Do they post questions and if you don't have the answer you need to set it up to answer them? Or do they just challenge your hypothesis and how the ensuing study supports it?

In any case, it's a good thing that you rock academically!

Robin S. said...

Hey, that's good news about the resubmission, and about finding the theory re the Forever Paper.

Let us know about the dissertation committee - and what happens with your graduation date.

chris eldin said...

Very cool news, Paca!!!
:-)

The Paca Rocka!
:-)

Precie said...

Rock on, paca!!