Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dress Like a Pirate Day

20 years ago next Spring, I was a 16 year old senior in high school and I appeared in our Spring production of the Pirates of Penzance. I was a lovely pirate in Act I and a policeman in Act II. A friend of mine posted some pics of that production on Facebook, and I've charmingly stolen them and posted them here. I am pretty sure I have the exact same pictures stored in a warehouse in Louisiana.

That's me with the black pirate hat right in the middle of the boat with the arm in the air. I believe the lovely pirate ship had just rolled on stage and the Pirate King in shadow behind me will soon sing, "For I am a Pirate Kiiiinnnnggggg!"



And here I am with our hero, Frederick. The person playing Frederick went on to a substantial career in theater, such as helping found 2nd Generation in NY, and I've talked about him in the past.

2 comments:

Robin S. said...

Very cool! The paca pics and the whole stupendous thing - friend included. Thanks for showing us!

Peter Dudley said...

A ha! Well done. Isn't it fun to find old pictures like that? September 19 must bring back memories every year.