Saturday, January 09, 2010

Fireworks

Every Friday night the Hilton Hawaiian resort does a 5-10 minute fireworks show. When I grew up the only fireworks show was shooting bottle rockets at your friend. Now I'm at a place with fireworks every night and a good 4-5 aerial shows in different places on the island on the 4th. On the 4th, you can sit at one fireworks show and watch 2 others going off in the distance.

Anyway, last October, N, B, and myself had fun with our new digital camera. It has a special "fireworks" setting which keeps the aperture open for a while to nice effect.
(pics here Facebook people)






It was also fun to play some. When the camera kept the shutter open, you could deliberately move it around to get some funky effects.





The above are things like the Hilton's large tower of rooms, a lamppost, a party in the distance.

I tried to draw with the moon here. This is the moon solo as I moved the camera around.



This is the little guy kinda fuzzy. If he was a phantom, maybe this is what he would be like:

4 comments:

pjd said...

Thanks for the visual display!

Robin S. said...

I love fireworks; you're lucky to have this series of them! (Good pics, paca.)

B looked to be in a wonderful spot to take them all in.

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

Nice pics...

writtenwyrdd said...

I just got a new 12mpx camera. I'll have to see if it has some sort of fireworks setting too. Those are neat effects.