Monday, May 17, 2010

School Year 24 - Check

I just turned in the grades for my students and with that, Spring, 2010, comes to a close. As everyone knows I also defended my dissertation last week, which could signal the end of me as a student after 24 delicious years of it. I started first grade in... 1978, I think, and it is now 2010. Now, I did take 8 years off between 1996 and 2004, but still, I think that's enough.

I'm not technically done yet. I have to submit revisions to my dissertation, though I don't really have any yet. My own notes for fixes is longer than those from my committee, though I haven't heard from them all. This should mean fairly straightforward revisions and a quick turn in. This lets me graduate in August. However, there is no ceremony, so I will only get a chance to walk if I remain / return to Hawaii in December just for that purpose.

Here I am at the defense with my leis and a few of my committee. (Facebook people can click over to my blog pacatrue.blogspot.com to see the pic.)



What's next? No idea. I've got some applications out that I've got a decent shot at and I may hear from those in 2-3 weeks. I will send more out if they aren't all too late in the next couple of weeks. If none of that's going anywhere, then I'll have to broaden my search out to industry of various sorts. And if that goes no where, I've got waiting skills from back in the day.

On to the next stage of Paca Life....

8 comments:

Robin S. said...

Thanks for posting your picture! Makes everything feel more concrete, seeing you there with your committee.

You'll be an excellent teacher, Professor Paca.

Congrats on the completion of year 24!

Precie said...

Rock on, Paca!!

writtenwyrdd said...

Go team paca! I hope you get some great job offers soon!

fairyhedgehog said...

That's a long time to be a student!

Good luck with the job hunting. I hope you find something just right for you.

bunnygirl said...

Congratulations! Kind of a bummer you might not get to walk, though. I know the ceremony is boring as heck, but you're entitled to the fancy robes this time.

Peter Dudley said...

Huh. In your blogger profile photo, you have so much more... fur. And bigger ears.

Echo Precie.

Courtney said...

if u walk...ill be there! its a garentee!

proud of and happy for u just doesn't cover it big brother

ιŸ‹δΊŽε€«ζˆ said...

He who would climb the ladder must begin at the bottom.......................................................